About Escape Artists
One Story, Told Well
It’s what we do, and what sets us apart.
EA is the media production company behind original, award-winning free weekly audio fiction. We publish four free weekly genre short fiction podcasts, work with partners to publish print and digital anthologies, and support our teams creating video content on Twitch.
Great stories, talented narrators, hosts who know their genres inside out. Enthusiasm, intelligence, compassion and the sheer love of story, all condensed into a lunch break’s worth of audio.
Our shows have served as inspiration for dozens of podcasts and magazines, in print and audio. That characteristic format — one amazing story, paired with a fantastic narration and insightful commentary — remains our cornerstone.
We publish over 200 stories every year, each and every one available for free digitally and in audio, distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works license.
We’re genre fiction’s best kept secret.
- Compensate the Creative — ‘Exposure’ is a cause of death, not a way to pay bills. Artists deserve to be paid for their work.
- Widen the Circle — Genre fiction has a representation problem. We’re helping correct it.
- Audio Short Fiction Advocates — We think audio short stories are the perfect solution to the self-care crunch, offering a unique and immersive way to incorporation fiction in our daily lives.
Logo and Images
- Escape Artists uses the Tablet Gothic family of fonts, and Calluna for serif
- Links/primary: #0f6b50
- Navigation: #cfceba
- Title: #fdd530 and #fcefc0
Download the contents of this press kit in a zip file. Print resolution images available upon request.